WSRCA is driving value through membership.
A primary focus of Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA) during 2018 was to continue driving greater value to being a member of the Association. In today’s competitive marketplace, our members are looking for ways to help themselves become better technicians, as well as better business people. So, after our concerted effort to drive R.O.I. (return on investment) — our leadership, Committees and Board have embarked upon an aggressive campaign to provide cutting-edge technical information, as well as business learning opportunities, for the current members of our Association. We believe that, by driving this hard return on your dues, the Association is poised to create an even greater positive impact on the roofing industry in the western U.S. and beyond.
As well as many aspects of the business that WSRCA helps to promote, nothing drives value to our membership better than our technical bulletins and information. Several technical committees, along with our nationally renowned technical advisor, are providing information that is leading the industry in its efforts to become more efficient, safe and effective in the application and the material types, being used on roofs across the west.
Below, please find a list of bulletins generated by all WSRCA committees that are changing the face of roofing, not only in the west, but all across the country in 2018. We believe that by complimenting sound technical information along with prudent business practices, the WSRCA will continue to lead the industry as it has for the past 45 years!
WSRCA MOBILE SAFETY SOLUTIONS
• Announcing the ALL NEW – WSRCA Mobile Safety Solutions
STEEP SLOPE COMMITTEE
• Technical Bulletin 2018-S1: Ice-Damming on Cold/Ventilated Water Shedding Steep-Slope Roofs
INDUSTRY ISSUES COMMITTEE
• Follow-Up Bulletin 2018-II-1: Visible Knit-line Affected & Facer Irregularities in Rigid Polyiso
• WSRCA Informational Bulletin 2018-II-2: Static Electricity and Roofing Adhesive Fire Risk
• Technical Bulletin 2017-ILS&W3: Updated Storm Drainage Design Methodology
MEMBER SERVICES COMMITTEE
• WSRCA’s ONLINE STORE
• MEMBER DISCOUNTS PROGRAM: WSRCA Member-Only Discounts on Roofing Materials and Related Services!
• Trent Cotney & Cotney Construction Law Named Legal Advisor to WSRCA Membership
‘ROOF TALK’ – WSRCA’s BLOG FOR ROOFERS
• ROOF TALK: The Anatomy of a Construction Law Suit and Steps to Take to Avoid Them
• ROOF TALK: Metal Roofing – Specifying The Best Option For The Job
• ROOF TALK: Texas Courts Will Nail Roofers For Acting as Public Adjusters
• ROOF TALK: Roof Warranties Reading Beyond Duration to Comprehend the Coverage
• ROOF TALK: OSHA’s Fall Prevention Campaign
• ROOF TALK: Reefer and Roofers – The Impact of Legalization of Marijuana
• ROOF TALK: Party Who Participates in Arbitration Cannot Thereafter Back Out
• ROOF TALK: Never Sign an OSHA Witness Statement
• ROOF TALK: WSRCA Announces New Technical Committee Assignments
• ROOF TALK: 7 Legal Myths You and Your Advisors May Believe
• ROOF TALK: Informational Bulletin 2018-II-2: Static Electricity and Roofing Adhesive Fire Risk
• ROOF TALK: Roofing Is A Team Sport
• ROOF TALK: Reducing Falls During Residential Construction: Re-Roofing
• ROOF TALK – OSHA’s SILICA STANDARD
• ROOF TALK: Walking-Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Standards
• ROOF TALK: ‘Cool Roof’ Legal Debate in Denver, Colorado
• ROOF TALK – Zero Net Energy: Optimizing Energy Performance On The Roof
WESTERN ROOFING EXPO
• WRE 2018 – Show Recap
A VIEW FROM THE HILL: POLITICAL NEWS & UPDATES
• A View From the Hill – Political News: Tax Bill Victory for the Roofing Industry
• A View From the Hill – Political News: Good News for the H2B Guest Worker Program
• SPECIAL ALERT – ROOFING DAY IN D.C.
• A View From the Hill – Political News: Regulatory & Tax Reform Update
• A View From the Hill – Political News: OSHA’s Regulatory Agenda
• OSHA COMPLIANCE: Injury & Illness Prevention Program – PDF
• A View From the Hill – Political News: The Midterm Elections & Beyond
CONTRACTORS COUNSEL: LEGAL TALK
• Contractors Counsel: Arbitration Agreement
• Contractors Counsel: OSHA’s Confined Space Standard For Construction
Thank you again for your continued support – we wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019!
Western States Roofing Contractors Association
Not a Member of Western States RCA? Click Here to Join!
or call Toll Free 1-800-725-0333
Source: rooferconfee =>WSRCA Year in Review – 2018