Fire-resistance and improving the interior comfort of the building were the goals of the project.
Muscardini Cellars by Michael Muscardini is located in Kenwood, California and carries on the winemaking tradition that was started by Michael’s grandfather after he came to the U.S. in 1909 via Ellis Island.
The winery’s main building had an old shake roof that was deteriorating and needed to be replaced. They were looking for a solution that could lower solar heat gain and improve the interior comfort for the employees working in the offices located on the second floor. They also wanted something that could alleviate some of the fear of flying embers from frequent forest fires landing on the roof and causing the building to burn.
The contractor, Smart Roofing Systems, worked with DECRA to recommend a Class A fire-rated DECRA Shingle Plus Roof in Classic Cobblestone for the building. This system mitigated the flying ember risk and will deliver lifelong protection for the winery.
The property became a showcase location where local homeowners, architects, builders and roofing distributors in the northern California area were able to attend a wine tasting event hosted by DECRA at the winery. This video captures the event and the beauty of the winery and the main building, along with its beautiful new roof.
Additional features of the DECRA Shingle Plus System include:
- Lifetime limited warranty that includes 120 mph winds and hail penetration
- Class 4 impact resistance to UL 2218 – the highest rating possible
- Lightweight installation – only 150 lbs/100 square feet installed
- Won’t crack, break, burn, curl, split or rot
- Walkable with low maintenance and a long life
- Non-porous, freeze/thaw resistant
- Overlapping panels provide protection from the elements
- Reduces energy consumption and landfill impact
- Direct-to-deck application or on batten strips
- Contains up to 30% recycled steel content
The post Winery’s Old Shake Roof Replaced with Class A Fire-rated DECRA® Shingle Plus Roof appeared first on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.
Source: rooferconfee =>Winery’s Old Shake Roof Replaced with Class A Fire-rated DECRA® Shingle Plus Roof