The Alliance considers funding requests on an annual basis at the Alliance meeting held in April.
The Alliance budget year is from June 1 to May 31. The Alliance considers funding requests on an annual basis at the Alliance meeting held in April. Written requests are to be submitted to Bennett Judson, Executive Director, by March 1 in order to be considered.
Alliance Role and Project Criteria:
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress involves itself in programs that can significantly, and positively, impact the roofing industry at the national level. The Alliance’s role is to provide funding for these projects, and to provide enough oversight to ensure that they are being carried out in a manner that is consistent with the Alliance’s goals.
Programs, projects, studies that the Alliance will consider should:
- Be generic, in the sense that they will not evaluate any proprietary products, services or materials.
- Not publicly advocate an industry position. This is seen as a role best left to NRCA, and other industry organizations.
- Be broad-based, having value for all segments of the industry whenever possible.
Specific criteria provide that:
- The project must be seen to have a significant impact on the U.S. roofing industry.
- The project must have value for all segments of the industry, if practical.
- The project must contribute to the improvement of the industry.
- The project should be one that is best conducted by the Alliance, i.e., it is beyond the scope or otherwise inappropriate for NRCA or another industry organization.
Alliance Finance and Financial Development Committee and Board of Trustees review proposals initially and decide on funding amounts to be included in the proposed operating budget for the coming fiscal year.
Alliance Board of Trustees reviews proposals, takes into consideration the Finance committee recommendations and decides whether or not to recommend requests to the full Alliance.
Recommended requests are presented to the full Alliance for their approval. Funding requests are to be presented in person to the Alliance Board of Trustees and to the full Alliance, if approved by the Board. The written proposals are to include:
- executive summary/overview of project or research
- outline of project/research; detailed description/scope of work
- timeline for project/completion date
- plan for promoting end product
- cost/budget estimates
- potential revenue sharing opportunities for the Alliance
- value to the Alliance/why Alliance funding is being requested
- other groups/organizations that may also be providing funding
Upon completion of the study/project:
- the Alliance is to receive a final, written report/paper before there is any type of public reporting or distribution
- Project/study results must be published and made available to all interested persons
- the Alliance is to receive credit for funding and be included in all acknowledgements, articles, presentations, etc.
The person/organization submitting the request will be notified within 30 days following the April Alliance meeting. Funding request must be received in the Alliance office by March 1. Request should be submitted via email and hardcopies to:
Bennett Judson, Executive Director
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress
10255 W. Higgins, Suite 600
Rosemont, IL 60018-5607
The post The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress Funding Requests Due March 1 appeared first on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.
Source: rooferconfee =>The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress Funding Requests Due March 1