TUBOS® are pre-fabricated plumbing vent pipe extensions. TUBOS, patent pending, is the fastest, cheapest, and strongest method for extending your roof pipes.
The TUNOS system is a user-friendly plumbing vent pipe extension to be installed at any location where the plumbing vent pipe height above the existing level of the finished roof system surface does not or will not comply with applicable building code minimum requirements.
More often than not roof leaks could have been avoided if code was met and/or enforced. It is important to be educated on current codes for the safety, health and welfare of everyone involved. Making sure that all plumbing vent stacks are up off of the finished roof system, complying with applicable building code minimum requirements. Typically it is specified to maintain a minimum of 8″ on all VTR’s. The video attached shows the most efficient and effective way to do this.
The International Plumbing Code (IPC), requires plumbing vent pipes to extend vertically at least 152 mm (6 in.) above a roof, per Section 905.5, “Vent Connections and Grades.” Additionally, vent pipes must be at least 305 mm (12 in.) away from a vertical surface. In locations known for snow, the vent pipe needs to be at least 51 mm (2 in.) in diameter and 305 mm inside an insulated area of a building before extending through the roof. Vents in these locations also should extend 610 mm (24 in.) above a roof.
2010 Florida Building Code, Plumbing 904.1 Roof extension. All open vent pipes that extend through a roof shall be terminated at least 6 inches (152 mm) above the roof and not less than 2 inches (51 mm) above the invert of the emergency overflow, except that where a roof is to be used for any purpose other than weather protection, the vent extensions shall be run at least 7 feet (2134 mm) above the roof.
Advantages of TUBOS Prefabricated Vent Pipe Extensions
- Ease of Installation: No special tools are required to size and install TUBOS® securely into openings of existing plumbing vent pipes. Standard hand tools (tape measure, manual or portable battery powered saw, caulk gun) are all that is needed for installation.
- Design Simplicity: TUBOS are manufactured for use with standard diameter vent pipes. TUBOS® are prefabricated with integral six-inch long pipe joint splice sleeve inserts at each end of every unit.
- Economical: Each TUBOS can be used for two installations. After one end of the TUBOS® is cut and installed, the opposite end can be retained for future installation at another pipe of the same diameter. No fabrication time and minimal installation labor lets you quickly get on with your project.
- Average time to install…3 mins.
- Average material savings…35 dollars…EACH
The post Do Your Vent Pipe Extensions Meet Building Code Requirements? appeared first on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.
Source: rooferconfee =>Do Your Vent Pipe Extensions Meet Building Code Requirements?