By Art Unlimited.
Too many goals – Working in the roofing industry for over a decade has allowed Art Unlimited the opportunity to identify the dead giveaways that hurt a business’s marketing. Each week, we’ll be sharing those common mistakes.
Mistake # 22 Having Too Many Goals
Imagine if a space shuttle used a whole bunch of bottle rockets all pointed in different directions at the base of the rocket to get it launched off the ground and into space. It’s a 4th grade science project gone wrong. The same goes with having too many goals for your marketing. You will not see a lot of movement in the right direction if your focus is pointed at too many things.
We suggest starting with 3 main goals broken down into actionable steps you can take to achieve them. Here’s an example goal: Increase calls from website by 20%. What are actionable steps to take?
- Review current performance of calls from website and record the information
- Test the positioning of your phone number on web pages on desktop and mobile
- Create a click to call number on website (for easier mobile use)
- Track calls through Google Tag Manager
- Evaluate performance (If you’ve increased by 20% keep the same and select a new goal; if it can be improved, test again.)
Keeping your focus narrow can allow your overall efforts to see traction. Doing too many things at the same time can also make it hard to know which action is actually helping.
Want to see all 23 mistakes now? Download the full e-Book here.
The post 23 Marketing Mistakes Roofers Make – Mistake #22 Having Too Many Goals appeared first on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.
Source: rooferconfee =>23 Marketing Mistakes Roofers Make – Mistake #22 Having Too Many Goals