By Art Unlimited.
Working in the roofing industry for over a decade has allowed Art Unlimited the opportunity to identify the dead giveaways that hurt a business’s marketing. Each week, we’ll be sharing those common mistakes.
Mistake # 21 Having a Vanity Number
So, it looks pretty on your TV commercials and has a catchy jingle on the radio. Great. Use it for your traditional marketing and have a quality tracking system in place to know all the calls you get from it, but please, don’t put it on your digital marketing or ad copy.
Here are all the reasons why:
- It is confusing to the customer user experience
- It is horrid on mobile when someone just wants to call you (yes, you can add a click to call coding, but it still has lower performance)
- It will mess up your Google Business Listing call-able features
- If you actually try to call someone, you don’t go searching for their vanity number
- User experience is about making immediate gratification. Vanity numbers do not help the speed to conversion
- It is harder to track those calls through Google Analytics
If you still are not sold, please at least have the alternative actual numbers on your website. Customers are going to be happier and marketers are going to be happier too (except the ones selling vanity numbers). It will just make the world a better place.
Want to see all 23 mistakes now? Download the full e-Book here.
The post 23 Marketing Mistakes Roofers Make – Mistake #21 Having a Vanity Number appeared first on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.
Source: rooferconfee =>23 Marketing Mistakes Roofers Make – Mistake #21 Having a Vanity Number